Walter Shurminsky O.D. ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- You will also be asked to fill out the Welcome to the Office form, also located on our website, and email it back to us. This form needs to be filled out by new patients, if any of your demographic or insurance information has changed, or if it has been five years since you filled one out. Office staff will be glad to help you, if you have any questions.
Please wear a mask or face covering to the office. If you do not have a mask, please let the staff know before you enter the office.
We also ask that you use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You may bring your own or use the hand sanitizer at the front desk.
When you arrive, please call the office at 201-825-8292 from your car. In order to maintain safe social distancing, we may ask that you wait in your car until you receive a call that it is okay to come in.
We also ask that no additional guests accompany you to the office, unless the patient needs a caregiver or is a minor, in which case one parent should accompany the child. All patient guests are subject to the same guidelines and procedures.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- We have reduced the number of appointments available each day. This will allow more time in between patients for sanitizing and reduce the number of patients in the office at one time. We would like to keep the waiting room empty, if possible.
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask a few screening questions or you can go to our website at www.drshurminsky.com to access the COVID-19 screening, fill it out and email it back to us at email@example.com. You will be asked the same questions when you arrive for your appointment.
- A temperature/fever screening will be performed upon your arrival. Anyone with a temperature over 100.3 will not be seen and asked to reschedule their appointment. Our staff will also be screened daily.
- We continue to adhere to hygiene and infection control, as always. We have also reinforced staff training in these matters.
- We are sanitizing all equipment before and after each use.
- All eyeglass frames are also being disinfected after being tried on.
- All staff are required to wear a mask or face shield.
- Shields have been placed at the front desk and on appropriate equipment in the office.